To view our Summer Resources flyer click on the images to enlarge, or you can directly click on the various resources from the flyer listed below.
PLUS check out our blog by navigating to the ‘Recent Posts’ section on the left of this page, or the ‘June 2020’ tab under ‘Archives’. You can view various flyers, press releases and other materials.
- Spokane Valley:
- Free Summer Meal Program., Monday-Thursday starting June 15th through August 6th: spokanevalley.org/freemealprogram or (509) 720-5200
- 2nd Harvest Fresh Food Distribution Tuesday’s from 3:00 – 4:00 PM at East Valley High School through July 28th
- Central YMCA free food distribution for youth, Monday – Friday from 9:00 -10:00 AM
- Starting June 22nd, Spokane Public Schools Summer Food Service Program will begin. Visit https://www.spokaneschools.org/Page/3944 for more info. or contact SPS Nutrition Services at (509) 354-7270.
- Women and Children’s Free Restaurant (https://www.wcfrspokane.org/) – lunch on Friday’s and dinner on Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s
- Cheney/Airway Heights:
- Free meal and groceries! Provided by Feed Cheney on the last Monday of every month at Wren Pierson Community Center.
- 2nd Harvest Fresh Food Distribution, Monday’s at 2:30pm at Sunset Elem and Tuesday’s at Cheney MS at 9am.
- Cleone’s Closet Food Pantry in Airway Heights, open M/W/F from 12-3pm.
- Get help buying groceries while schools are closed: Pandemic EBT helps families who qualify for free and reduced-priced school meals buy grocieries. Visit www.WashingtonConnection.org, or call DSHS at (877) 501-2233
- Visit https://www.nokidhungry.org/find-free-meals to find summer meal sites near you. Just type in your address or zip code and a list will show on the left side of the screen.
- Spark Central Programs
- Visit https://spark-central.org/events for complete list
- Online Summer Reading Challenge: https://www.scld.org/reach-your-reading-goals-with-the-online-summer-reading-challenge/
- Adventure-in-a-box.com has free printable pages and activities for all ages including scavenger hunts, engaging learning activities or activities just for fun!
- The Fig Tree: https://www.thefigtree.org/ for a list of all community resources
- Visit https://www.eventbrite.com/d/wa–spokane/events/ to explore a variety of online events in Spokane from local organizations
- Free online summer camps & education:
- Spokane County Libraries Curbside Pick Up now available at most libraries, Tuesday–Saturday, 12:00 – 6:00 PM/. Visit https://www.scld.org/curbside-pickup-of-library-holds-now-available/ or call your local location for more details.
- Stand for Children WA will host parent education series throughout the summer Follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/standwashington
- Start Talking Now: Visit https://www.facebook.com/StartTalkingNowWA/ or https://www.starttalkingnow.org/ for information on how to talk to your kids about substance use
- Washington Listens- 1-833-681-0211, this program hosts a call-in line where you can speak to a support specialist and receive information and connection to community resources in your area. The program is anonymous and no identifying information is maintained.
- Summer Camps:
- Free Activities:
- Walk and Talk marathonkids.org/walkandtalk
- If You Could Save Just ONE is offering “In a Bag” Activities visit their website at https://ifyoucouldsavejustone.org/free-stuff-and-activities/
- Visit the Spokane County Recreation page for a list of open parks and recreational activities. https://www.spokanecounty.org/1423/Recreation
- Visit the Cheney Parks and Rec Page for information about their summer programs https://www.cityofcheney.org/177/ParksRecreation
- Visit the Airway Heights Parks and Rec Page for updates on their summer programs https://airwayheightsparksandrec.org/